A Healthy Smile Faster, with Virtual Home Visits
We do everything on our phones today, from listening to our kids’ favorite music to electronic banking, to seeing who is at our front door while we’re away from home. We’re excited to announce that at our practice you can now use your phone to manage your orthodontic treatment too! Using Dental Monitoring™, we can convert a patient’s (or parent’s) phone into a remote monitoring device that helps us straighten smiles… with an app! Hello 2020!
How does Dental Monitoring work?
We start with a complimentary consultation. We’ll then take images and then create virtual models of your child’s teeth (or yours!). Based on these models and our conversations, we will develop a treatment plan to help your child achieve the smile they’ve always wanted.
Regardless of which type of treatment you pursue, traditional braces or Invisalign, Dental Monitoring will help us guide your pathway to a straight smile. We load your virtual models into the Dental Monitoring system and then get to work fitting your child for aligners or getting them set with traditional braces.
Time to go digital! We will set you up for a “virtual home visit” Schedule – you’ll get a notification from us on your personalized app which will walk you through taking a series of 13-15 pictures of your current smile. DM’s software automatically enhances and sequences those pics so that your orthodontist can track your teen’s treatment progress. These virtual home visits take about 3 minutes – talk about FAST! Check out this video to see how it works in more detail.
Why is Dental Monitoring so great?
- Visit the office less often – our patients have busy schedules and we know it’s hard to fit in appointments between school, work, carpools, sports, rehearsals and other activities. Dental Monitoring allows for virtual home visits where we monitor your progress remotely, which means fewer physical appointments.
- No missing appointments – you can do them on the road! Well, we don’t recommend doing them while driving, but you know what we mean. Our app will send you reminders on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to take pictures – a virtual home visit.
- Better precision – Since we’re getting more frequent data about your progress with the pictures you send us, we can make adjustments faster than we could if we didn’t see you for a whole month. Plus we can track things like oral hygiene level, aligners fitting, the possible presence of teeth abrasion and decays or brackets issues that will allow us to make recommendations in real time.
- Treatment times are faster – all those pictures allow us to detect issues faster and see your mouth more frequently. That means our in-person appointments (yes, we still do those, just less often), are so much more efficient. Efficiency = faster treatment times!
- More communication means better compliance and improved confidence – using Dental Monitoring allows our patients to take an active role in achieving the smile of their dreams. Plus hearing from your orthodontist more frequently improves confidence and compliance.
Step into 2020! We live our lives virtually, so why would you trust your orthodontic care to someone who isn’t embracing technological advances? We’re helping to pioneer this awesome technology.
Click below to schedule a complimentary consultation and be the first to have your smartphone help straighten your – or your child’s – smile!