Please read our new and updated protocols included below. This is a dynamic situation and we’re constantly adjusting our approach to ensure both our patient’s and our team’s safety. Things will be adjusted as necessary and we promise to keep you updated.
Dr. Charles Ruff, Dr. Brian Patterson and the Team at Smiles for Maine Orthodontics
THE NEW NORMAL
What to Do Before you arrive
- PLEASE NOTE: we are not prepared to see walk-ins at this time. You need to call us to make an appointment.
- Brush your teeth at home: Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Please wear a mask, bandana or scarf into your appointment
- We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100° or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- PLEASE FILL OUT THE SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMED CONSENT AND SUPPLEMENTAL MEDICAL HEALTH HISTORY 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT Patient Forms
- Text our office at 207-873-7425 and let us know that you have arrived. Stay in your car and we will text you when patient may come in and ask your preference for date and time of your next appointment. We will do the best to accommodate these times and send your child back to you with the scheduled appointment on their progress report.
- If you have not signed the supplemental informed consent on our website, we will send you a link to do so. Patient must wear a mask /bandana into the office
- Upon entry we will record patient temperature and review the supplemental health questionnaire. We will then direct patient to use hand sanitizer then send patient to rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide anti-bacterial mouthwash
- We ask that the patient proceed to the clinic unaccompanied by family member except under special circumstances
** Note: We ask that the parent remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent accompany a child into the office, temperature and health questions will be asked as with the patient. We’ve always loved inviting parents into the clinic, however parents cannot enter the clinic until further restrictions are lifted. A parent would be directed into one of our chairs in the reception room.
Dismissal from Appointment
- Your orthodontic technician will fill out a progress report for your review with information about today’s appointment.
- When appropriate (for younger children) we will escort the patient back to car with their progress report.